Do you often experience some pain in your neck or back after a long day in office? Were you planning to consult a doctor about it? What if we told you that you can get rid of this pain without a doctor?
Hey! Don’t make that face. It’s really simple if you follow these rules. Just sit straight and read on to know everything you need to do to maintain perfect posture in office.
1. If your work demands you sit in front of a computer all day long, do the following:
- Keep your arms and wrists straight and level with the floor
- Keep the mouse close so you don’t have to stretch your arm too far
- Keep the top of the screen at the level of your eyes
2. If your work requires you to stand a lot, wear shoes with good support and cushioning.
3. Always keep your shoulders aligned with your ears. Remind yourself of this every time you lean forward, crane your neck, or tilt your head backwards.
4. Do not sit cross legged. To maintain the right posture, either keep your feet flat on ground or place them on the footrest below your desk.
5. Use a lumbar support pillow. It will make sure you always sit straight. You can also use a folded or rolled-up towel. for this purpose.
6. Take a walk. Sitting at your desk for a long time makes your muscles weaker and your blood flow slower. Take small breaks every hour to get up and walk around your office, or climb up and down the stairs.
7. Do not sit in the same position for too long. Keep moving back and forth from time to time, while keeping your back straight.
Related: 5 exercises you can do at your desk
8. Keep your stationery, phone, and other things you frequently need within your reach so that you do not have to keep stretching to get them.
9. Do this simple exercise whenever you have a few minutes to spare:
- Put your elbows on the sides of your chair.
- Touch your shoulders with your hands, keeping them in line with your ears.
- Now raise your elbows and lower them.
- Repeat this movement at least 10 times. It’s a simply way to get in some exercise while your webpage or program loads.
Related: 3 ways to improve your posture
Aren’t you regretting not knowing all these simple rules before?
Don’t worry, it’s never too late to start being healthy! All you need to do is follow these simple tips and start figuring out other ways to spend the money you were going to shell out on your doctor’s fee. Maybe treat yourself to a lumbar support pillow?