All the skin problems share a common denominator: they don’t look good on your face. We present the grooming tips for men’s face that will help you to prevent blemishes, scars and acne.
1. Men often worry about the acne spots or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that happens due to excessive secretion of melanin due to skin injury caused by acne. The best way out is to always keep a bottle of waterless facewash so that one can clean face anytime, anywhere. Although the dark sports will eventually fade away in months’ time, you should ensure hygienically clean face especially on-the-go.
2. Do not load your face with chemicals: You should always choose the right facial products depending on your skin type. Avoid using products that contain hydroquinone, popularly used as bleaching agent to remove dark spots as regular use can extensively damage your skin. Even products containing benzoyl peroxide should be completely avoided as this chemical results in post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. You should use grated potato juice, turmeric and lemon juice as home therapies to treat hyper-pigmentation and blemishes.
3. Protect the skin from micro-tears: Avoid scrubbing your face with hard granule-based facewash, as it may cause micro-tears on the facial skin that causes micro injuries resulting in the excessive secretion of melanin as a form of defense. You should always choose natural products that are safe and gentle on your skin.
4. Always guard your skin with a sunscreen: Guarding your facial skin against harmful UV rays should be part of your daily skincare routine. The sun rays activate the melanin-producing cells that promote darkening of the skin. Hence, regardless of the weather conditions, you should always apply sunscreen to the exposed areas at least 30 minutes before going out.
5. Have rich diet for skin: You should have a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin E, K, linoleic acids and beta-carotene like walnuts, soybeans, avocados, black pepper, sweet potatoes and sunflower seeds. Retinol, a vitamin A derivative, also helps to correct uneven complexion.