Bollywood hunks may look like Greek Gods, but just like us mere mortals, they too have to work hard to maintain their flawless physiques. It takes a lot of perseverance and dedication, but here are 7 simple steps that will help you on your path to being as fit as any Shahid Kapoor, Siddarth Malhotra, or Hrithik Roshan:
1. Oil is something that needs to be cut down. Hrithik Roshan limits his oil intake to two teaspoons in a day. Sugar intake should be completely stopped and sodium intake should be greatly reduced.
Related: 5 Fatty Foods You Should Avoid
2. Eat only till 70% of your stomach is full; you should never over stuff yourself. Drink at least 8 – 10 glasses of water a day; they keep you full and hydrated. Don’t eat immediately after working out, give it half an hour to 45 minutes. Remember to not sleep till at least an hour after eating, it slows down your digestion.
3. Now you need more than just regular food to look like that. Bollywood’s Hamlet Shahid Kapoor takes a number of supplements to get the energy to work till he drops, including Creatine and Whey Protein.If you indulge in intense weight training, it’s important to take minimum thirty grams of protein in a day.
4. Ek Villain star Siddharth Malhotra follows international trends when it comes to his workout and fitness. He believes in mixing up his pushups, starting from flat to decline. He keeps exploring andindulging in a lot of outdoor exercises like swimming, rope climbing, etc.
Related: Stay fit with Siddharth Malhotra
5. Stretching before you start your workout is essential. You must relax soyou don’t start cramping up during the workout. Don’t lift heavier weights than your body can handle no matter how pumped up you are to work out. Remember: doing more repetitions with lower weights is the key to success.
6. Lastly, a piece of advice Hrithik Roshan gives to all his fitness fans- whether you have to lose weight or gain weight, never miss out on a good night’s sleep as that will only deteriorate your body function and make you too tired to get a good day’s worth of work
So here we have it; health and fitness tips for a Bollywood hunk like body, in a nutshell. We guarantee that if you follow these, you will start seeing changes in your body within a week!