While we choose to eat meals based on the recommended diet chart for men we often ignore few important basics that causes wastage of important healthier food. The bread crust that most of us abhor is scientifically more nutritious than the soft inside of bread.
According to a research study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, the bread crust contains higher amounts disease fighting pronyl-lysine (an anti-oxidant) that helps in cancer prevention.
1. The research studies have also found that pronyl-lysine is formed in both yeast-based, and non-yeast baked bread. The darker the bread, more are the chances of having this prized anti-oxidant. Moreover, always choose to have smaller loaves of bread instead of bigger ones as more surface area is exposed to baking.
2. Surprisingly, the last pieces of the bread that are also often dumped by us contains not only the larger amount of pronyl-lysine but also an important type of antioxidant, called melanoidins than upper pieces of regular slices of bread.
3. According to the latest studies, even the dark crunchy toasted bread should be avoided, only the lightest toasted bread is recommended by health experts as increases the not-so-desirable compound, called acrylamide that often associated with toxic effects on the body especially on the brain, and reproductive organs. As acrylamide is a proven carcinogen, it is advised to eat an untoasted bread. It is advised not to have burnt toast as it also contains small amounts of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons PAHs that are proven carcinogens, chemicals that cause or aggravate cancers.
4. You should not forget to do the recommended exercise for men, as exercises are the nature’s best cure for diseases and ailments. You just need to avoid certain foods such as french fries and potato chips in your diet as they can have up to 20 times more acrylamide than a slice of toasted whole-wheat bread.
5. It is also recommended to pick always a whole-grain bread as it contains more fiber, B vitamins, magnesium, iron, selenium, and other nutritious compounds over the regular refined white bread. When a grain is refined, such as in the making of flour for white bread, the outermost and innermost layers of the grain are removed. This process removes the fiber and atleast25 percent protein, leaving behind only the starch.