1. In Germany, “Fussball” is the most popular national sport, they are the defending champions of FIFA World Cup that was last held in 2014 in Brazil. Not only Germany has earned the highest Elo rating of any national football team in history, with a record 2205 points, but is the only European nation that has won a FIFA World Cup in the Americas! Taking a pause from latest fashion for men and a new trend in fashion for men, let us quickly delve into the team’s statistics to find more about the reigning champions.
2. Interestingly, Germany is the only nation that has won both the men’s and women’s World Cups. While the Women’s team won the World Cup twice in 2003 and 2007 tournaments, men’s team has won the four World Cups in 1954, 1974, 1990 and 2014.
3. The German team had won the Confederations Cup in 2017. German men’s team is amongst the 4 nations (Brazil, Argentina, France) that have won all the three FIFA Titles the World Cup, the Confederations Cup, and the Olympic Tournament (The team won the silver medal in Rio Olympics in the year 2016).
4. The 2014 World Cup Final is cited as one of the most interesting soccer matches in the recent history held at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro on 13 July. In this thrilling match, Germany was billed as the World’s best team that was fighting against the World’s best player, Lionel Messi (Argentina). In the 113th minute, Germany’s Mario Götze’s scintillating goal helped them to beat Argentina by 1–0.
5. According to the statistics, the players in the German national football team who have scored the maximum goals in international matches as of March 2018 are Miroslav Klose with 71 goals and Gerd Müller with 68 goals while Thomas Muller has a distant 38 goals to his credit.
6. Franz Beckenbauer is considered as one of the greatest players in Germany who was nicknamed as the “Der Kaiser” (The Emperor) due to his graceful and domineering style of play. He was not only named twice as the European Footballer of the Year but also twice won the World Cup as a captain of the national team in 1974 and then as a manager of the national team in 1990. Adidas AG has been a dedicated kit provider to the German national team since 1954 when they initiated their sponsorship. Their contract expires in the year 2022.