1. Although Facebook is one of the leading sources for new fashion trends for men and but the recent outrage over the Facebook data leaks has prompted a worldwide #deleteFacebook campaign, with users publicly vowing to quit the world’s largest social network. People have been searching Google for ways to delete their Facebook account at this time the situation has gone over the board.
Although fans are hooked to Facebook for the simple reason ‘happiness’ that they derive out of this social networking software now they are looking for the alternatives – Snapchat and Instagram have emerged as the next best possible options.
2. For the past 14 years, Facebook had built a strong relationship between users and the activities that give them so-called happiness. Deleting Facebook will not necessarily make the loyal user unhappy, but the addition of scrolling the pages has to end somewhere, perhaps the stage has arrived.
The recent incident of privacy violations have deeply impacted Facebook’s loyal users, moreover, the support received from industry leaders have globalized the campaign. Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk to Whatsapp co-founder has publicly announced to delete their Facebook pages.
3. The idea of deleting Facebook has also received the backing of the scientific community, as according to experts the social media has a direct negative effect on user’s mental health. According to one of the leading research study has indicated a decline in the mental health is directly impacted by an increasing the activities on Facebook. It is similar to excessively watching television or talking to friends on the phone as it replaces the on-ground social activities.
4. There’s also a spike in “delete Facebook” searches by the news that Facebook has been actively associated not only with fake news, falling stock but also with glaring data breaches. This broad cultural backlash against social media technology will surely impact the functioning of the various other online networking platforms.
5. Although many platforms including mobile and web-based apps now require a Facebook account, users are finding a way out of it by either switching it to Google or directly using their personal Email accounts. Many dating apps require having a Facebook account and deleting an account on Facebook means deleting all private contacts associated with the app. Users will certainly have to decide their priorities before they want to go ahead.
New fashion style for men is to remain connected not only with the current fashion trends for men but also to the social media wherein you can share not only your personal information with your friends but also interesting pictures and videos. But current technology enforces you to maintain a sizeable power into your battery, to enable you to communicate with your friends on social media. What if you know about an application that can work even when your battery life is low? We will tell you about an app that will help ease the pain of your device reaching its temporary demise.
You need to download the best chat app “Die With Me” that is available for iOS and Android that works on your phone’s battery when it is on less than five percent! If your phone reaches that mark of 5% battery, you will get instant access to this bubbling and vivacious chat room that will open you up to men and women who are travelling on the same boat, all those nervous minds who are struggling to find a source of power.
But hold on, once your battery life shoots up beyond 5%, ‘Die with Me’ will automatically log you off from the room. You can actually experience the fun in having conversations with strangers who are sharing the same near-death phone experience. The ‘Die with Me’ application has a built-in countdown timer that counts on your conversations moments before your screen just goes mum.
Away from the usual boring chat conversations that poke fun and cruel comments on fellow users, this unique chat app is safe haven for people who want to experience something new and refreshing especially when you have limited time available with you.
When you log into an application, you will have to agree to a user agreement that you will be forced to accept to have only ethical conversations. If someone violates the agreement, there is a ‘Report Message’ that could potentially block the user from again using the app.
If you think that the premise of the app is absolutely insane, think again. This app actually indirectly teaches you on how to control your nerves, and how to enjoy even at the last breath of your mobile to the fullest. So, what are you waiting for, just go ahead and enjoy the experience – who knows you will probably end up keeping our battery always lower than 5%.
New trends in fashion for men especially for the younger folks is not Facebook but Snapchat as mens latest fashion is revealed on Snapchat rather than on Facebook. It is no more a secret that Snapchat is one of the Facebook’s greatest threats. The animosity began when Mark Zuckerberg met Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in a failed attempt to acquire the messaging app in 2013.
1. In a new research, it is clear that Snapchat is winning particularly among US teens, despite Facebook’s aggressive efforts to attract and retain young users. According to the available data, it is forecasted that Facebook will nearly lose 2 million users under 25 this year—and is likely to pick up 1.6 million from the same age group on Instagram – that it also owns. But it is worthwhile to watch Snapchat as it is ready to add nearly 1.9 million users in the same time gap!
2. According to recently launched book “How to Turn Down a Billion Dollars: The Snapchat Story” written by Billy Gallagher, Facebook’s fear is clearly visible from the time when Zuckerberg launched a clone of Snapchat, called Poke – that failed in its mission to outshine Snapchat. Poke has actually cleared the mindset of the users and helped Snapchat to grow enormously. Famously Evan called Poke “the greatest Christmas present we ever had.”
3. Snapchat today has more users than Instagram in the 12-to-24 age group, according to the eMarketer report. Snap is now worth almost $25 billion, and its parent company Snap, has emerged as the innovator in the space. In short duration Snapchat has introduced new features unlike Facebook, that includes functionality in core messaging, Snap Maps, Context Cards, and a demarcating brand and personal content.
4. In the US, Facebook and Instagram have 169.5 million and 104.7 million users, respectively, while Snapchat will have 86.5 million but Snap seems to be way ahead in terms of innovation and redesigning of the platform. If Facebook needs to catch up it will have to keep attracting more users by redesigning its age-old platform and typical stringent mechanisms.
What’s more, Snapchat users are also enabled to share stories to their respective linked social media accounts, through any communication means text, email with a link to a webpage to view the message, even if they do not use the app.
On the other hand, Facebook as a platform is increasingly facing issues as it is unable to retain its customer base, according to available data the number of users in the US and Canada have also dropped in the fourth quarter of last year.
New technology developments now ensure that one can easily improve their English vocabulary without having to enroll in a class. Being proficient in Basic English is not enough in the modern world; you can brush your grammar regularly with these amazing apps. They boost confidence and make learning engaging and fun for all ages!
1. Merriam-Webster Dictionary :
Bad at spellings? No problem, The Merriam-Webster app is like having a full comprehensive dictionary at hand all the time. The app contains thousands of definitions and the usage of those words! The best part is that you don’t even need to be connected to the Internet to use it; you can access its extensive database offline. It also has the ability to listen to a word’s pronunciation so you never have to embarrass yourself again with wrong pronunciations in public.
Dragon Dictation works great for mostly students who are weak with writing. Instead of reading the text out loud, the application writes down spoken text. It is a great way for them to start creative writing or frame sentences correctly.
With over a million words, Thesaurus has made English improvement and learning so easy. This digital dictionary makes learning and arranging nouns, verbs, adverbs and adjectives fun and interesting. Just scroll through the pages to learn new words or use the search function to help you find specific words.
4. Vocab Word Game :
The app allows you to tackle challenges and unlock various levels while helping you improve your vocabulary. The challenge is to choose the correct meaning of the word. It becomes more interactive as it allows you to play with others on the Internet.
Our favourite photo and video sharing platform, our personal and literal storehouse of selfies started in the year launched in 2010. Its popularity grew slowly and steadily. By 2012, it started becoming quite popular in India as well. However, its immense popularity today is not an overnight phenomenon. It took place over time and with sustained efforts at innovation by the team. Let us have a look at how Instagram evolved to become how we know it as today.
Not many people know that Instagram was initially used as an advertorial tool to publicise re-selling of personal redundant goods of people. Yes, much like Quickr and OLX today, Instagram was first used by people to put notice for things they wanted to sell away as they no longer needed it.
2. The Selfie Storm:
Instagram really picked up with the advent of good quality front cameras and the popularity of selfies after that. People started clicking tonnes of selfies- solo, with friends, family etc and flooded the platform with them. The rage hasn’t stopped yet and Instagram is still replete with dozens of selfies. But that is what makes is so popular as well.
The growing popularity of Instagram soon caught the eyes of marketers and they started using it as a tool to market their brands. Currently, many major brands have accounts on Instagram and they even run various user engagement activation programs as well. Instagram also runs sponsored ads, which is often quite annoying.
4. Major Revamp:
Instagram went through a major revamp a couple of months ago and introduced a lot of new features. It underwent multiple changes in its design too and even went ahead and changed its logo and interface layout for all operating systems.
It is going to be six years since the launch of Instagram and the app is still going strong. The number of users is constantly increasing and so is the number of selfies. Users have always appreciated the innovations by the app makers and look forward to more interesting innovations in future as well.
When you think of social media, what’s the first platform to come to your mind? Yes, that’s correct. It is Facebook. Founded by the then-Harvard student Mark Zuckerberg, this social channel has revolutionized the way we communicate these days. Who knew we would be connecting with our childhood friends as adults or even finding a life partner on it? But Facebook has made it possible and how.
Even though its journey has not been uneventful, Facebook has seen more highs than lows. Come, let us take a trip down to memory lane to see how Facebook has changed:
Till 2004, “The Facebook” was available to only students from Harvard. It was in 2006 that the website received its first major design overhaul. A News Feed was added to the user’s page and Mini Feed appeared on all individual profile pages.
In that year, the same News Feed was replaced by a real-time stream. Facebook also started asking its users, “What’s on your mind?” to instigate them to share updates. The social channel was becoming popular around that time and its user base count entered millions.
Facebook introduced pages, prompting celebrities and brands to create a separate page and engage their fans. Like Britney Spears? You could literally “like” her page and follow her updates. The channel again got a face-lift in this year.
Real-time activity feed was enabled on everyone’s homepage. Facebook enabled video calling and also introduced “Timeline” for users to “tell their life story”. Users were also able to “follow” one another by switching on a feature in Settings. 2011 was a year of major developments at Facebook.
After Facebook acquired Instagram in 2012 and continued making minors tweaks in its algorithm over the next few years, it finally jumped on the Advertising bandwagon in 2014. Although it frustrated the users as they were not able to see the posts as per real-time, brands made the most out of it to promote themselves. And this game only got stronger in 2015.
As of April 2016, Facebook has introduced 5 emotions – Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, Angry – in the form of a button, besides “Like”. It was done with the intention of personalizing the communication and actually giving the users an easier way to express how they felt for a particular image.
What do you think? Has Facebook made your life easy or are you indifferent about it? We would love to hear your opinions.
Every day, we are bombarded with new apps. Each one promising a better, newer, more convenient experience and with added fun features. For those who only want the best, there are some great apps out there that deliver what none of the other apps can offer. Check out these new apps and see which one fits your personality as well as that of your phone’s.
Evernote is one of the best cloud based note-taking apps that helps you keep track of things and remember everything. With this app, you can jot down notes for school or work, or create a to-do list and these notes can be edited anywhere, on your tablet, phone and even your laptop. Not just for text based notes, it can also take dictation, allow you to photograph your documents as well as record sound directly into your notes. It creates ‘Notebooks’ where all your data is stored.
LastPass password manager / Avast mobile security
It’s a given that a complex and unique password should be used for each and every application. But remembering 100 different passwords is painful and even if you do remember them, it is quite a task to remember their combinations. Thankfully, computers are built for memory.
LastPass, a security app for iOS, can be of great help in that department. An auto fill feature helps you fill in your complicated passwords into apps through its copy notification and info to the logic screen.
Android users don’t fret! The Avast mobile security app is an all in one security system. It combats anti malware, has anti-theft tools to help you if you lose your phone and other privacy tools. It also helps back up your information on cloud. It can be used on rooted phones as well.
There are organisers and there is Clear+. This user friendly apps helps get your stuff together. It’s brilliant and gesture friendly interface allows you to create, edit, delete and move tasks around with the touch of a single tap. Tasks are colour coded according to the level of importance and priority. Red conveys that the task is high priority and the ones that are less important are coloured orange. It tells you what the upcoming tasks are and what needs must be completed. Multiple lists can be created through the software which can be synced with your iCloud account for more convenience.
There have been many bookmarking apps, but Pocket is different. It allows you to save articles to a primary, cloud based repository that rids them of all the unnecessary elements. How does that help? No more annoying ads or stupid pop ups and eye hurting colours. It’s your very own personal assistant who carefully picks the news for you. You can read and edit your favorite articles as well as archive them and also share them with your friends.
This app literally brings the world to your fingertips. Figure out what is cool in your local neighbourhood. It gives you a lowdown on your local stores, hotels and restaurants, along with information about other local events. The app shows recommendations, tweets and other informative articles along with the convenience of getting deals and coupons straight from the vendors.