Good looking legs signal your overall commitment to fitness. They convey that you are not only training muscles that are visible but also those that are hidden. If you are soon to leave for a beautiful beach destination or you want to look good in shorts, we have you covered with some simple workout techniques you can start from today itself! Read on to know more.
1. Squats :
Squats are one of the best exercises for the lower body. You might rarely know any person who does not know about squats as they’ve grown popular ever since ‘toned butts’ have gained importance. They target your core muscles, thighs and glutes and calves.
Method: Stand straight with legs at shoulder length. Stretch your arms ahead of you and drive your hips backward, in a motion as if you were to sit on a chair. Keep your shins vertical and bend your knees according to your capacity. Do not let your knees venture ahead of your toes. Go up and repeat.
2. Jumping jacks :
They are a set of fun and high intensity cardio workouts. Along with making your heart healthier, they also tone your legs by targeting your glutes, calves and quadriceps.
Method: Stand straight with hands on sides. Now you have to perform two actions together, first raise your hands from the sides to above your head. Second, jump and move your legs towards the sides as your hands are reaching up. Now bring your hands and legs back to the first position and repeat the process.
3. Lunges :
Lunges can be done in a forward or a backward format. They help in muscle stabilization and help gain more balance. They target the glutes, quads and hamstrings.
Method: Stand straight with legs beneath your shoulders. Then place your right leg forward without moving your left leg and lower the body, locking the knees at right angles. Go back to the first position and repeat the same with the left foot.
4. Step-ups :
Step-up is the easiest exercise in this list but very tiring simultaneously. It also acts as a good cardio regime and people are well versed with it. It targets the calves, hamstrings and glutes.
Method: Keep a bench or a small stool in front of you. Keeping your body straight, step up on the bench with your left foot first and get down. Then use your right foot first and repeat the procedure.
5. Skipping :
Skipping is a high intensity cardio workout that benefits the entire body. The muscles used fully are the leg muscles and hence, it does a good job at toning them. Skipping helps in calming the mind and gaining agility. Boxers use them for the same purpose.
Method: You will need a skipping rope. Stand holding the ends of the rope with it being placed behind your body. Now move it over your head and pass it below your legs as you jump over it in a circular motion. Make your jump count reach 50, in case you’re a beginner. Increase the count eventually.
There is not a single man on this planet that does not aspire the perfect build- the V- shaped, muscular, rugged look. We see so many guys training rigorously to achieve the ideal look and body, most of which involves building those muscles. Rome was not built in a day, and neither do the muscles develop overnight; it is a patient process. And so here are seven simple body building tips that help in ensuring that you’re in the right track while at it:
1. Base majority of the training on compound moves :
Although machines and cables are surely one way to gain those muscles, it is highly recommended to use free-weight compound exercises for achieving quicker and better results. For making huge muscles, making free-weights the cornerstone of your program is the way to go.
2. Use strict form :
Using strict form in all of your exercises ensures that the muscles that you wish to target are getting stimulated. The ones that ‘throw’ the weights up when doing side laterals or barbell curls for instance, are basically cheating themselves out of growth. Once you reach failure while using strict form, you may then stick to using momentum to a reasonable degree. Extending the set a bit further is recommended in such a case.
3. Don’t Overdo it :
A golden rule of any exercise for that matter. Our bodies have a limited amount of energy that it can put towards building new muscle tissues, along with an ability to recover from it. Here are some health tips for men to follow in this regard:
Limit training to only 4 days in a week.
Do not train continuously for more than 2 days. Taking a day off in between is paramount.
Workouts should only be for 75-90 minutes.
4. Eat Adequate Protein :
This is one of the body building tips that goes without saying. Protein is a very important component needed for building those muscles. Your strenuous routines are a waste if you do not incorporate an adequate amount of protein in your diet. For people seriously dedicated to this regime, at least 1-1.5 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight is required to be consumed on a daily basis.
5. Take advantage of the post-workout anabolic window :
The 60-minute period immediately after the workout is a golden period for aiding your body in achieving maximum hypertrophy. During this period, your body is not only desiring proteins and carbohydrates but also is redirecting all the nutrients towards the muscle cells. The best thing to do is to concoct a shake containing 30-60 grams of whey protein and 60-120 grams of high glycemic carbs.
6. Use the right supplements :
This is an optional step. It is not essential for you to consume supplements. However, if you wish to achieve quicker results, you may adopt them in your diet. Things like creatine, beta-alanine, BCAAs, glutamine, agmatine, caffeine, etc. are recommended for consumption.
7. Get your sleep :
Working out intensely and eating the right things are not going to cut it out for you; it is equally important to let your body do its job towards attaining what you want. Sleep is paramount for the body to work its magic. 8 hours is the golden number to stick by.
Bodybuilding and maintaining are probably the toughest tasks. At times it can even be difficult to maintain a perfect bodybuilding program that matches with your diet. From planning out on what days to work out and what exercises to include to deciding on what to eat and how long should you rest, it takes a lot. Sometimes individuals even feel overwhelmed and depend on the information that is readily available and apply the same for bodybuilding.
One must always remember that bodybuilding cannot be achieved instantly and requires one to be patient and dedicated for the same. Apart from this, it is also important to maintain your body shape. If unsure on how to do that, here are some bodybuilding tips that you definitely need to know to maintain your ideal physique.
1. More weight lifting :
The first and most important tip that one needs to remember is to lift more weights. No matter what techniques you use, if you aren’t lifting weight or increasing the number of weights, you won’t be building muscles as quickly as you should be. When you focus on building muscles, your workout program should be planned around lifting heavier and heavier weights.
2. Failure is the key to success :
Remember the rule of failure? Well, the same rule can be applied in bodybuilding too. When you think that you are failing to lift each and every set, you are actually building a mindset to work even harder. When you push yourself to get that muscle growth, you actually achieve instead of failing.
3. Perform exercises that work for two muscle groups at the same time :
Tip number three is to focus on compound exercise. One only has limited time to access the gym every day, so instead of wasting time on one or smaller muscle groups, focus on working two muscles at a time. Follow the rule that 80% of your workout schedule should be focused on at least two muscle groups. This way you can get the best results and you’ll even be able to lift more weight.
4. Fuel your body right :
The most important tip of bodybuilding is that you fuel your body properly right before and after the workout. Failing to get the right amounts of proteins for your body can lead your body to use synthesized muscle mass, thus leading to lack of muscle gain. These are the two most important times that you must be serious about your nutrition. For the rest of the day, one can be more flexible in terms of meals.
5. Rest days are equally important :
While ending on the bodybuilding tips, one must always remember to plan out rest days. Too many people make the mistake of training too hard, too often, while allowing too little time for their body to recover. If one doesn’t allow their body to rest before going back to the gym, they’ll just be making their body weaker instead of being stronger. One must ideally take one day off between each weight lifting workout. And by rest we mean proper rest, no cardio or no light walks or swims.
To stay hydrated during a 90-minute football match you need to adopt a healthy lifestyle that includes drinking 2 liters of fluids every day. More you keep your body hydrated, more is the duration of delivering a power-packed performance on the ground.
In the recommended diet chart for men, especially of professional soccer players sports drinks are suggested at all the three stages (before, during and after) the match. Sports drinks contain essential electrolytes and carbohydrates that quickly restores the body’s lost salts and fluids.
1. Before you pick up ‘a fancy sports drink’ you should be aware of the type of drink that is suited for you as a professional football player. There are three types of sports drinks that are generally available in market Hypotonic, Isotonic and Hypertonic drinks.
2. A hypotonic sports drink gives you less energy but is quickly absorbed compared to water. You should drink this type of drink before a match, as you require less energy but enough hydration. Since this drink has less of sugar compared to what is normally found in our body fluids, due to the process of osmosis, it instantly rushes into the body cells. An ideal hypotonic solution should have less than 5g of sugar (carbohydrates) per 100 ml.
3. An Isotonic sports drink has similar concentrations of salt and sugar (preferably glucose) as found in the human body. When you drink this type of sports drink your lost electrolytes and body salts are restored, hence it is generally recommended during and after the match, practice session or the suggested gym workouts for men.
4. A Hypertonic sports drink has more carbohydrates and electrolytes than found in human body. The hypertonic drinks are absorbed slowly compared to the rest of the two, this is most often used as energy supplements after the recommended heavy and intense gym workouts for men.
Although for short practice sessions you don’t need a sports drink, if you are going into the football ground without meals then an isotonic sports drink is recommended at all the three stages as it can give you the required dose of energy levels.
You need not be a smoker to suffer lung related problem, any type of polluted air is a cause of sickness in our body. Regular cleansing of our lungs hence is one of the basic preventive measures in the contemporary world.
Undertaking the recommended exercises for men is very helpful in naturally releasing the toxins out of the body via sweating. Therefore, a reasonable duration of gym workouts for men is recommended. For healthy grown-ups, 30-40 minutes of uninterrupted exercising in the early morning hours in the natural open surroundings goes a long way to naturally clean the lungs.
2. Hot steam bath:
There are numerous benefits you can derive from steam bath but the cleansing of lungs is one of the best natural methods that you should practice regularly. Steam through our nostrils reaches directly to our bronchioles present in our lungs, that helps to melt away the unwanted toxins and mucous glued to the lungs. For healthy grown-ups, it is advised to spend at least 20-30 minutes in steam to detoxify the lungs naturally.
3. Reduce dairy products:
You need to reduce the number of dairy products you consume in a day, as dairy products are known to contain toxins that may aggravate the existing problems in the lungs. If you drink two cups of milk in a day, reduce it to one. You need to experiment with your body for at least 3-4 days to feel the change in your lungs.
4. Honey and Herbal tea:
Add herbal tea with a tablespoon of honey in your breakfast, add leaves of Indian Tulsi to get the instant benefits. During the day, you should also consume 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey regularly at a stretch of minimum 15-20 days.
5. Stay away from smoky areas:
You need to stay absolutely away from the toxic smoke of air that contains particulates, harmful gases and addictive substances such as nicotine, and alcohol during this cleansing regime as they interfere in the healing process.
Other than knowing about men’s new fashion trends and latest fashion styles for men you should also know about your health, fitness and lifestyle is affected by the environmental factors. El Nino is now widely referred to as the periods of prolonged warm weather that is influencing the climate worldwide. We will list down some of the interesting facts on how El Nino is affecting human population globally.
1. The El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) is actually a periodic natural climate variation that transforms the sea temperature in the Pacific Ocean (El Niño) and the atmospheric pressure across the Pacific Basin (the Southern Oscillation) that directly affects the global climate. It is very often associated with intense climatic conditions resulting in the natural disasters including storms, droughts and floods.
2. According to recent studies, El Nino is directly linked with certain vector-borne diseases in specific geographical areas. The epidemic diseases are spread by either mosquitoes or rodents that are directly impacting the human health. Recent environmental reports that point El Nino for warming the planet, also highlights the spread of the Zika epidemic in the associated geographical regions.
3. The El Nino events is known to occur at every 2-7 years that continues for12 to 18 months as a result there are marked changes in the rainfall patterns that results in prolonged dry weather particularly over the North Australia, South-east Asia and Southern parts of Africa. In India, it is known to affect monsoons that induce drought-like conditions in north-west and central parts and unpredictably heavy rainfall in the eastern parts.
4. Human populations that are dwelling in coastal areas and cities are in high-risk zones as these human habitations are prone to epidemics due to untimely rainfalls and waterlogging. In the year 1991-92 El Nino caused the worst drought in southern parts of Africa that affected nearly 100 million people.
5. Heavy rainfall and flooding caused the spread of malaria in Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia in 1983 El Nino that forced dislocations of human settlements. In 1997 El Nino is also attributed to huge forest fires that got intensified due to the drought-hit regions of Malaysia, Indonesia and Brazil. Respiratory ailments were massively reported in these regions due to the breathing of harmful smoke from these fires.
Protein the essential building block of muscles for the body can be easily derived from plants except for few amino acids that plants do not manufacture. If you are a lacto-ova vegetarian i.e. you do not mind eating milk and eggs then you can easily make up for your amino acids but if you strictly avoid eating eggs and milk then you will need to add lentils with grains in the suggested diet chart for men. Although you cannot compromise on the advised exercise for men you need to make up for your proteins by adding additional protein sources like soy, nuts, quinoa, and hemp. We take you on the motivational journey of these best known vegetarian bodybuilders in the world.
1. Dominick Thompson:
Dominick is a well-known ironman, triathlete, and bodybuilder who became vegan after realizing the draconian ways animals are treated. He is a passionately advocates vegetarianism and strongly oppose cruelty and torture to animals in form. In his own words on the transition to a vegan, he says “Doing something I passionately believe is right made it an easy transition.”
2. Billy Simmonds:
Winner of the Mr. Natural Universe, Billy believes that the best contribution a person can make to himself and to the rest of the world is by adopting vegetarianism. In 2014, Billy co-founded Eco Superfoods, a 100% vegan company that has rapidly grown to become a multi-million-dollar success.
3. K. V Iyer:
Professor K. V Iyer is considered as the father of bodybuilding in modern India as he pioneered the concept of the modern-day gym in 1925. Mr. Iyer was a complete vegetarian and a perfect teetotaler. He always insisted on having vegetarian food containing lots of greens, fruits, ragi, grains, vegetables, chapattis (wheat bread), and yogurt.
4. Sangram Singh:
A professional wrestler who won Gold in 2006 Common Wealth Games is a celebrated brand ambassador of PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals). He was an arthritic who used to move around in a wheelchair, but with his determination and indomitable spirit, he overcomes all the odds to become one of the World’s Best Professional Wrestler, as adjudged by World Wrestling Professionals, South Africa. He advises his follower’s strict vegetarianism and recommends bodybuilders to have a protein-rich diet like pulses, yogurt, milk-based products, nuts and lots of green vegetables and fruits.
If you are regular to the gym and don’t miss out your preferred exercises for men and also adhere to diet chart for men, then you should also choose the right protein shake for your muscle development. We present the easy-to-make, highly nutritious protein shakes for the gym freaks.
1. Buttery Peanut Chocolate Protein Shake:
In this protein shake you need to add peanut flour, made from pure peanuts with skimmed milk, eggs, cocoa, and almonds. You can add additional protein powder if you prefer to add extra inches t your diet depending on the amount of load you have carried at the gym.
2. Rich Green Banana Protein Shake:
This protein shake is a complete diet in itself, as it contains lots of nutrients. You need to blend bananas, spinach leaves, vanilla extract, almonds or nuts, and skimmed milk to make this protein shake. You should also add protein powder depending on your workouts. Have this rich protein shake daily after the gym sessions, it will not only help you to recover the wear and tear of muscles but will also boost the rapid development.
3. Delightful Creamy Soy Oatmeal Protein Shake:
This shake should be an ultimate choice for health-conscious gym freaks who prefer to eat a vegetarian diet. This shake is rich in loads of vegetarian protein as it is made by blending soy milk, peanuts, oats, bananas, and honey into the skimmed milk. You should add protein powder in accordance with the proportion of your workouts. This creamy protein shake will give you adequate protein needed for a day’s work out in a gym.
4. Fancy Yogurt Almond Chia Shake:
This is unique protein shake that blends the power hidden in yogurt, chia seeds, raspberry, and almonds. You need to add protein powder depending on the gym routine and remember to have it chilled. You can have this protein shake both as a pre and post workout diet
5. Nutritious Peach Banana Protein Shake:
This is a flavored and healthy protein shake recommended for those men who want to boost their muscle development. You should essentially have this protein shake daily after your gym session, as it will fulfill the protein needs of your body. You need to blend cottage cheese, banana, frozen peaches, and honey mask together to make this rich flavored protein shake. Add 2-3 spoons of protein powder to make a power packed protein shake for your complete muscle development.
When everything else fails, alternative medicine is the only way out. Acupuncture is considered to be one of the effective treatments for many diseases, symptoms, and conditions as compiled by World Health Organization (WHO) in 2002. Steering away from the new fashion style for men and a new trend in fashion for men, let us review the benefits associated with Acupuncture as a therapy.
1. Trims down pain:
Although acupuncture is largely effective for the treatment of musculoskeletal pain, it can also be very effective for dental problems such as a toothache. There have been cases where patients have reduced the painful conditions associated with posture, and acute trauma. Now leading hospitals have included acupuncture within emergency departments as it not only addresses the pain response in the body but also the source of pain that prevents recurrence.
2. Encourages relaxation:
As acupuncture directly acts on the neurotransmitters such as dopamine, it brings about the feelings of happiness, calm, and contentment giving instant relaxation to patients. In the management of anxiety, depression, and PMS, the acupuncture is known to induce sleep and reduce muscular tension.
3. Boost fertility:
In males, acupuncture is widely known to increase the quantity and quality of sperm that helps couples to conceive naturally without depending on the donors. In females the blood flow to the uterus and ovaries increases that enables regular ovulatory and menstrual cycles.
4. Improves skin tone, stamina:
As acupuncture improves blood circulation it brings about the change in the skin texture by channelizing the flow of qi (energy), reducing wrinkles and improving the elasticity. Acupuncture relaxes the body by addressing the imbalances of energy within, as result abundance of qi flows through the meridians. Energy imbalance is the primary cause of lethargy and illness in the body, as believed by the philosophy of traditional Chinese medicine.
Research suggests that the short-term treatment with acupuncture does not produce long-term benefits, moreover many a times acupuncture’s effects are mainly due to the placebo effect. If you plan to undergo acupuncture treatment it is advised to look for a trained practitioner that uses clean needle technique and single-use needles as accidents and infections are often associated with infractions of sterile technique or neglect of the practitioner.
1. If you considering fasting, juicing or vegetarianism for health reasons, you should also actively consider sugar detoxification to experience marked improvement in your overall wellbeing. You will have to continue not only the recommended diet chart for men and suggested exercise for men, but also reduce the intake of sugar in your day that will help to lose weight drastically and leave you with a more radiant skin!
2. 1-month sugar detox is the best solution for men who are out of shape, as it is now scientifically proven that sugar makes you look fat, ugly and old. Sugar is a recognized as a leading cause of heart diseases and premature aging.
Sugar addiction has also emerged as one of the leading problems as the dependency on ‘feeling good’ and ‘the craving’ keeps on escalating. According to health experts, sugar entices, induces rewards and makes one addicted similar to narcotic drugs!
3. You should be extra careful about the amount of hidden sugar in the diets that is often overlooked. Be aware of white stuff that is garnished with the salad dressings, or ice-cream toppings over an otherwise sugar-less smoothie, you need to completely avoid even tomato sauces and bread at least for 1 month.
“People don’t realize that seemingly healthy foods are loaded with sugar — and so we’re basically eating sugar all day long, from morning till night,” Alpert said.
4. The positive news is that by eliminating sugar from the diet, one can quickly achieve the radiant appearance. So for the first three days of a sugar detox, you should completely avoid sugar, in any form no fruits and no starchy vegetables, be aware of peas, sweet potatoes, and dairy products. You will have to sustain for initial three days on just on protein, vegetables, and healthy fats.
For first three days, an ideal breakfast diet should have eggs and nuts. For lunch prefer to have soya, fish and green salad. At night sustain on steamed veggies, soya or fish and completely abstain from alcoholic drinks.
5. From the fourth day, start adding natural sugary fruits in your diet including apple, papaya, and almonds. You should also add one dairy food preferably curd in the diet that will help in better absorption of sugars. Continue this diet for week two except add few more anti-oxidant rich fruits like berries, avocados. You can also add back starchy vegetables in your diet in moderation. From week three onwards add grains preferably barley, and oats and some more fruits like grapes and one banana. In eek four start eating one or two starches per day, preferably bread and rice. After 1 month of detox, you are likely to experience noticeable changes in your weight and appearance.